Have you ever thought about turning off your laptop keyboard but don’t know where to start? I know some people may find it quite difficult, but with proper guidance, it will remain to be a left-handed action. If you’re one of those people, then here’s a complete guide on how to temporarily or permanently disable laptop keyboard. There’s a lot of methods that can be used to temporarily disable laptop keyboard, but some are outdated and don’t work right now. So, we’ve found some of the best methods you can use to temporarily disable laptop keyboard.
1. How to Temporarily Disable Laptop Keyboard?
- To open the Run dialog box, press both Windows + R keys together.
- Inside type “devmgmt.msc” and click OK.
- This will open the Device Manager menu. Find the Keyboards option in the Device Manager tab and then click the drop-down arrow.
- After that you will see the keyboard for your laptop.
- Then right-click on it once you see it and select “Uninstall” from the options available.
- Once you’re done with it, simply restart your laptop and then shut off your keyboard drivers.
2. How to Disable Laptop Keyboard Permanently?
If you are looking forward to disabling your laptop keyboard permanently, then here are the steps which you need to follow:
- Press both the Windows and R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Once it ‘s opened, type “ gpedit.msc ”in it and click on OK.
- This will open the local policy changer menu.
- In this menu, you have to find and click on Administrative templates option located on the right side.
- Then, Go to System > Device Installation > Device Installation Restriction.
- After that, you will see a bunch of options on the right side.
- You just have to find and right click on the “ Prevent Installation of devices not described by other policy ” option.
- After that, you will see “ Edit Policy Setting ” option. Click on it and this will open a new tab.
- In the next tab, just change the value from “Not Configured ” to “ Enabled ” option.
- Now, you just have to go to the device manager and follow the steps given in the option no. 1.
- After following all the things and steps, it will disable your laptop permanently.
3. How to Enable Your Laptop Keyboard Back?
- Press both the Windows and R keys together to open the run dialog box.
- Type “ gpedit.msc ”in it and click on OK.
- This will open the Local Policy Changer Menu.
- Now, follow the steps given above to revert back the changes made and then restart your laptop.
- This will enable your laptop keyboard back.
That’s it! These are the steps or methods which you can use to disable laptop keyboard temporarily or permanently. I hope this guide will help you to disable your laptop keyboard. If you found this helpful, then share it with others who are looking for the same. Also, if you have any doubts, then feel free to ask us in the comment section below.