How To Connect Two Monitors To Mac Mini?
For several reasons, people typically look forward to using dual displays. To improve their imagination, sound engineers, ardent gamers, and individuals from some other fields need such a setup. Connecting another display to a Mac, however, often becomes very troublesome. But in fact, it turns out to be of great help to follow a few simple steps and find the right adapter.
In addition, it is quite a heavy task to create a link with a non-Apple monitor to a Mac computer that does not have an HDMI port. You can also convert the HDMI to a Mini DisplayPort or a Thunderbolt by using an adapter.
It is based, however, on the computer and the specifications. So, by using the MacBook Air USB 3.0 port on the second monitor, you can get the options for connecting to the external monitor.
How to connect two Mac mini displays to an Apple Monitor
It is better to attach another Apple monitor to the Mac mini rather than to a non-Apple monitor because of the general incompatibility with non-Apple computers. This occurs because multiple connectors use non-Apple computers. Locate the thunderbolt port or the Mini DisplayPort right on your Macbook laptop, first of all.
Depending on the edition as well as the age of the machine, you must do so. Instead of using the Mini DisplayPort, you can see that some later versions come with a USB port. Take the cable from the second monitor right after the ports’ location and start plugging it into the appropriate port.
You have to toggle on both of the machines for a good connection to see that the laptop automatically recognizes the second display. If you see that the methods don’t work, you’ll have to create a connection just like the non-Apple one with the second Apple monitor.
Connection with the non-Apple monitor
How to connect two Mac mini monitors to a non-apple monitor
The best way to connect a non-Apple monitor to your Mac is to use an HDMI cable. Again, it does not come with an HDMI port if your Mac mini is the new model. In all such cases, using an adaptor that will lead to the HDMI conversion to the Mini DisplayPort or the Thunderbolt works best.
It’s depends on what computer you have, though. If you see that the older model is the display that you are using, it does not have an HDMI port. So, you’ve got to deal with the use of DVI. You will also need a Mini Display Port to connect to the DVI adaptor, in addition to all feature adapters.
All connections to the HDMI, USB A, and USB C devices can also be handled by purchasing the basic USB-C digital DVI multiport adaptor.
Step by step process:
- Once you find that there are no more problems regarding the cables and adaptors, then establish a connection with the Mac mini. You will find that the second monitor comes as the unit on the right side of the desktop configuration.
- In case you want to change it, you have to go to settings and options.
- There, go to system preferences. You can see it in the grey icon.
- As soon as you reach there, click on the first icon you will see in the second row. It will come with the title “displays” and will also come with the stylized monitor.
- Then, click on the button that will be showing the windows.
- You can see that the main screen will be showing you icons for both the monitors that will be connected to the system.
- The very next step is to go to display preferences and make a selection of arrangements. When you do so, you will get the option of moving freely with the items around for determining the type of configuration you want. Drag the main menu bar just between the two monitor icons. It will give you the additional option of opening one of the two monitors in the form of the main monitor. You will always see that the main monitor is the one that will be showing you a newly opened Windows
- Besides, there is also an option for fiddling with the mirror display option. It can give you the support of adding the additional monitor as the extension.
Bottomline for how to connect two monitors to Mac mini
The problem of how to link two monitors to the Mac mini can be easily resolved by referring to the above steps. Still, to promote the entire communication phase between the devices, be careful enough to choose the right adaptor. While the role initially proves to be a little challenging, the derived outcome would make it feel worth an effort.