How to Connect Laptop to Projector with USB
Although the process is very quick and simple, you still need to follow some necessary steps on how to connect a laptop with a USB projector? Well, try to ensure the availability of all the appropriate accessories before you head on to the rest of the process.
Why USB port?
The VGA slot is important for connecting the projector to the device. You can find, however, that the external monitor already has a single VGA slot on your laptop. So, if you want the projector and the external monitor to be connected simultaneously, you have to have access to the USB port. In addition, for the same reason, you will also need a USB to VGA adaptor. On the other hand, most projectors come with a USB port, so you don’t need to worry about connecting to laptops via USB.
- USB to VGA adapter
- First of all, plug the power cord into the projector’s back and plug the other end right into the nearest electric outlet.
- Now, go ahead with establishing the USB connection right from the USB to the VGA adaptor. You have to do so in the rectangular slot that you will find on the side of the laptop.
- Now connect one end of the cable to the adaptor for VGA. Find it attached to the opposite end of the USB cable.
- After that, plug the other end of the cable right into the skill slot for VGA. You can find this slot in the back of the projector.
- Now turn on the projector and click on the Windows button that you will find next to the alt button on the keyboard. You have to do so while holding the windows button and P key.
- After this, you have to go ahead with selecting the duplicate option that you will find from the four options available on the screen. It will show what is right on the monitor to the projector.
- First of all, uninstall the USB controller driver.
- Now, press the Windows and X keys.
- Click on the device manager.
- You have to expand the universal serial bus controller.
- Just right-click on every device that you will find under the universal serial bus controller node.
- From there, click on the ‘uninstall’.
- Now, restart the system and allow the computer to go ahead with the USB controller’s installation.
- Connect the computer to the device again for finding if it works or not.
Instructions for Windows 7 and 8
- Press and hold the windows button placed on the keyboard.
- Then, press on P. There, you will see a bunch of the display options.
- After that, you have to keep on holding the windows button and press the P again for highlighting the display options.
- Now, go to the duplicate option and highlight the image that will be appearing on the laptop.
- Click on the EXTEND option that you will find for using the projector as a second monitor.
- When you have selected the desired option, you have to release the windows button.
Instructions for Windows 10
For connecting to the Windows 10, you have to right-click anywhere on the desktop background there.
- Now, you have to make a selection of graphic properties.
- Move on to display and click on the resolution there.
- You have to move the slider resolution according to the choice and click on the save profile option.
Instructions for Mac
Upon start-up, the Mac laptop automatically starts selecting the project and sends out the laptop image.
If you do not find this to work for you, however, click on the Apple menu.
- Now, pick the preferences for the device and go to the hardware row.
- You must click on the Displays menu.
- Click on the Detect Displays tab now.
Bottom-line for How to connect the laptop to a projector with USB
It will help you connect the laptop to a USB projector by following the steps described above. If you have any other queries for the same reason, leave your questions and concerns in the comments section.