Connecting 3 monitors to a Lenovo laptop docking station will make your life much easier while multitasking.
Speaking of the docking station, it is a system that requires a single point of connection to connect several computer peripherals and accessories to the laptop. With the aid of the docking port or a single link cable, you can easily attach and disconnect the laptop from the docking station.
How to connect 3 monitors to a Lenovo laptop docking station?
Before you get started
The docking station by Lenovo (below) will do the job if you want a fast and super reliable way of connecting 3 monitors to a Lenovo laptop.
How to connect 3 monitors to a Lenovo laptop docking station – docking station
The number of VGA, HDMI, DVI, and display ports available is the deciding factor for the Lenovo laptop setup to be connected to multiple monitors.
Often it’s easy to connect to the USB 3.0 adaptor with these ports, but when several USB ports are accessible on the laptop, it becomes messy.
The three 4K displays can be connected to the Lenovo dock simultaneously through the two display ports and the USB 3.0 port.
Recommended steps for connecting 3 monitors to a Lenovo laptop docking station
Step 1. Establishing the connection
How to Attach a Lenovo Laptop Docking Station with 3 Monitors
To make sure that it supports the 3 displays at the same time, check the laptop’s video card.
Now connect your monitors with the display port, HDMI, DVI, or VGA ports to the docking station.
Attach a laptop from Lenovo to a docking station.
Take the next move to configure monitors on Windows 10.
Step 2. Setting up 3 monitors on the Windows 10
How to attach 3 monitors to a docking station for a Lenovo laptop-Windows 10
Once the 3 monitors, docking station, and laptop link are installed, you have to check if the monitors have been identified by the PC or not.
If you find that a new monitor is not automatically detected by your PC, you need to go to Display Settings > Right-click anywhere on your desktop > Select Display Settings > Rearrange Displays > Select Detect New Monitor.
Splitting displays between the 3 external monitors and the laptop:
Right-click anywhere on your screen > select display settings > go to different displays > select the number of displays you want to display, click 3 > select Expand these displays in the drop-down column.
Step 3. Changing the order of displays
To change the display order, right-click anywhere on the screen > go to Display Settings > Go to the Display Rearrange section. To do that, left-click and put it in your desired spot on the board that you want to rearrange.
Configuring graphics on 3 external monitors along with the Lenovo laptop
1. First of all, where you want to set the displays, position the port replicator.
2. Then you have the power cable to connect and plug in. Now link the replicator to one end of the display port cable and the other end to the display of the display port monitor.
3. First, you can connect and plug in the power cable for the LCD displays. Then turn the display of the computer on and position it where you like.
4. For all the other DisplayPort panel screens, you will now have to repeat steps 2 and 3.
5. Now dock the system on the replicator with your portable system switched off.
6. Switch the machine on now. When the Windows operating system begins, you can see that the display graphics are present on all three displays.
7. Right-click on the screen > click Graphics Properties > Change Resolution and External Monitor Location. The default monitor may also be changed to any of the screens according to your choice.
8. Attach one end of the VGA cable to the replicator and the other end of the cable to the output of the analog VGA monitor.
9. Now connect the power cable to the VGA monitor display and plug it in > continue to turn on the monitor and position it as you like.
10. An external keyboard and mouse can be attached to the replicator, where three monitors are connected to the analog input that replaces your portable device display. You have to close the system now and turn it off and proceed to the replicator to dock the system.
11. Now, on the replicator, push the power button. All three external monitors can start showing the graphics until the windows start operating. Now right-click the desktop button and click Graphic Properties and make changes to the display’s resolution and location.
Summing it up
The above measures will lead to 3 monitors being successfully linked to the Lenovo laptop docking station. Keep checking for some more news and updates about your favorite products and devices in this room.
How to attach your Lenovo notebook to the monitor?
How to attach 3 monitors to a docking station for an HP laptop?