It can be frustrating when your Vizio TV is not working as it should. If your screen is blank and no content loads, it’s a sign that something is wrong with your TV.
Many people attempt to fix issues with their Vizio Smart TVs by restarting the device and updating software. What if everything fails and you’ve tried everything?
The last resort is to reset your Vizio TV back to factory settings.
In principle, it is only in certain situations that resetting Vizio Smart TVs makes sense.
- The device isn’t turning on
- Random lines appear in the middle of the images.
- Casting is not possible
- Your Wi-Fi connection is disconnected randomly by the device
- The device can turn itself on or off.
- You’ve tried every solution to it, but with no success.
Resetting your Vizio TV may be able to resolve the problem, even if it is stuck in a loop of rebooting.
How do you reset Vizio SmartCast television? Here’s what you need to do.
How to factory reset Vizio TV using a remote
Follow these steps to clear your TV’s memory using your remote.
- Use theMenüClick on the button on your Vizio TV remote
- Use the arrow buttons to highlight system
- ChooseReset TVToFactory defaults
- Use the code of conduct for parents you had previously set the password
- If you don’t have a code, enter the default one.0000
The TV will then turn off and come back on. The TV will turn on and then you can start the Setup process.
How to reset Vizio SmartTV without a remote
You can reset your Vizio TV using a remote control.
- Depending on your TV hardware, you can locate volume and input buttons by looking to the side.
- For 15 seconds, press and hold the Volume Down or Input buttons.
- Before you press the buttons, ensure that a banner appears.
- After the banner appears, you will be asked to hold down the input button.
Follow the steps to clear your device’s memory without having to use the remote. To reset Vizio TVs without taking a picture, you can also follow the steps above.
How to clear the cache on Vizio Smart TV
Clearing the cache can sometimes fix many problems you’re having with your Smart TV.
This guide will help you clear cache from Vizio Smart TV.
- PressMenüRemote control
- ChooseReset and Admin
- Click on clear Memory
- Use the arrow keys to highlight clear Memory/Factory defaults
- Enter your pin if you don’t have one, 0000
Clearing cache is best done by not pressing the Power button. This will reset your TV.
Before you reset your Vizio Smart TV, it is a good idea to turn it on again. It will reset your settings, and force you to restart.
Vizio TV can be reset using either remote control or the input and volume buttons located on the side.