Do you want to install an app on your TV that is not on Samsung’s Smart Hub? The native app store has seen a lot of growth over the last three years, adding more apps and games. However, there are still some limitations. You can also download apps from third-party platforms.
How do you install third-party applications on Samsung Smart TVs? There are many ways to install any app on your Samsung Smart TV. All of these methods will be covered in this article. To allow apps from unknown sources to be installed, you will first need to modify your settings.
How to set Samsung TV to allow apps from unknown sources
You must adjust the TV settings before installing any app that isn’t available in Samsung’s app store. Samsung Smart TVs all have a default setting that prevents third-party app installation.
To permit installation of an app from third-party sources:
- Go to your TVSettingsPage.
- Click herePersonalTab.
- Visit the security option.
- the unknown SourcesChange the setting by selecting an optional low.
This is the final and most important step of this process. Developer Mode. This allows you to run an app from unidentified sources on your Smart TV.
This is an option for app developers to test if their apps work on Smart TV. However, it can also be used to install apps from other sources.
To enable the Developer mode on Samsung TV:
- Go to your TVSettingsSelect the menuSmart Hub.
- Click hereAppsOption.
- Enter12345As the default pin
- You can toggle the Developer ModeON
- Enter your IP address(You can verify your IP here what is my IP Address? (
- Restart your TV
After you enable your TV to download apps from third-party sources you can now download apps that aren’t available on the Samsung TV Store.
There are three ways to install third-party apps on Samsung Smart TVs
These options allow you to install third-party apps.
Option 1: Download the APK directly from the internet and install it.
You can directly download and install APK files using the browser on your Samsung Smart TV. Download an APK file to your Samsung TV
- Start the browser on your TV
- Go to your preferred APK website (You can check the apkpure for more apps)
- Find an app
- Download the APK file
After downloading the APK file via your TV’s browser you will need to install it. Install an app by following these steps:
- click install.
- ClickConfirmContinue reading
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Restart your Smart TV
Option 2: Install an application using a USB flash drive
Can I install APK on Smart TV? Yes. Yes. You can use a flash drive to install an app you’ve downloaded on your computer to your Samsung Smart TV.
These are the steps to manually install apps on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Insert your USB drive into your computer
- Save the APK file.
- Connect the USB drive to your television.
- Use your remote to access files and folders.
- Click on the APK file you have saved.
- Choose theInstall the fileOption
- Confirm your request
- On-screen instructions will be displayed. These instructions will guide you through the installation process.
It is important to make sure that your USB drive is clean before installing any app. APKs can also be downloaded from trusted sources.
Option 3: To install an app, use the Command Prompt feature on your computer
You can install an app from your computer to your Samsung Smart TV even if you don’t have a USB stick. Although it sounds complicated, this is actually quite simple, especially if your Smart TV and PC are connected to the same network.
Install an app from your PC to your Smart TV
- Go to your Smart TVSettings
- Scroll down for the network option
- Choose the information option
- Copy your IP address and send it to IP AddressSection
- Start the program on your computer command Prompt.
- Typeadb ConnectThis connects your TV to your computer.
- TypeInstall D/install.apk
After installing the app, disconnect the TV’s connection. At the prompt, type adb disable.
You can also download apps from other sources to your Samsung Smart TV, in addition to the app store. All Samsung models are compatible with the three methods outlined above, including older models.