You will need to create profiles if you have already subscribed to Hulu. Profiles are a great way to keep track of your favorite movies, TV shows, documentaries, and other media.
Hulu will create your primary profile automatically when you sign up for the platform. To have six, you can create five additional profiles.
However, there are situations where you might find yourself using someone else’s profile and thereby influencing their viewing habits and choices.
You need to learn how to do this. Switch Hulu profiles that you don’t interfere with the work of others.
Hulu allows you to switch profiles when you log in to another user’s account from your smartphone, Smart TV, or PC.
This means that you will get their movies or shows and not yours. It is usually easy to change profiles.
However, this will vary depending on what device you use. You can’t do the same steps on a laptop as you can for Smart TV. The following are some suggestions if you find it difficult.
Hulu Profiles on Different Platforms: How to Switch
These device-specific guides will show you how to switch between profiles on Hulu.
If you have logged into Hulu.com via a browser, you can switch Hulu profiles on a laptop by doing the following:
- Move the cursor to the profile currently displayed.Name icon located in upper right corner webpage
- Choose your profile from the available options
After you have chosen it, you will be able to find your favorite.
2. 2. Smartphone app
You can log in using a smartphone.
- Then, go to the MenuAccountTap the icon of your profile to access it.
- Select the profile you wish to switch from the list.
You can choose to land on your profile or another one you prefer. To switch profiles in the Hulu app Windows, you can use the steps above.
3. Smart TV
Here’s how to change your profile on Hulu if you have a TV-connected device like Roku or Vizio.
- Use your remote to launch the Hulu app
- Scroll down until reaching “Account”
- Find the profile that interests you and click on “Switch” to it
Once you have selected it, you can start watching your saved movies and shows. The same steps can be followed if you wish to change Hulu profiles on Samsung TV.
Hulu’s switching profiles error
Sometimes, you might encounter an error message such as We encountered an error while switching profiles. These are the steps to follow:
- Log out of Hulu and sign back if you get the error message while browsing on a desktop.
- You can remove a Smart TV/smartphone from your account, and then add it back.
If you accidentally log into an account of another person, it is simple to switch profiles on Hulu. The steps you need to follow depend on what device you’re using.
Log out of your account if you experience an error. Then log back in to try again. If the error persists, log out of your account and then log back in.