Disney Plus is one of the leading entertainment destinations for movies, TV shows, and kids’ content. Watch thousands of videos and stream videos from top channels such as National Geographic.
You can also stream films from Star Wars and Marvel Universe. You can view Disney Plus on a TV or your smartphone as a user.
The best experience is on television. Before you can connect Disney Plus TV to your computer, you must first subscribe to the service.
In the US, the service costs $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year. You can also get it as a bundle with Hulu and ESPN. Sign up to gain access to all streaming titles on the platform.
A seven-day free trial is also available. After becoming a subscriber, you can get the service on Smart TV.
How to get Disney+ for your Smart TV
Disney+ is available as an app on the latest Smart TVs. This includes Roku, Sony, LG, Samsung, Sony, and many other brands. Some Smart TVs don’t come with an application.
This means that you’ll need to either download the app from the store, upgrade your TV, or use another device. Here are the steps to access Disney Plus on various Smart TVs.
How to get Disney Plus for Samsung Smart TV
The streaming service is available on all Samsung Smart TVs manufactured since 2016. Follow the below steps to activate Disney+ if you have a Samsung TV.
- Apps on your Home Screen
- Use your remote control to select the Search button. It will appear as a magnifying mirror on the screen
- Enter the words Disney+
- The channel will be displayed in the search results.
- Select Enter and highlight the channel.
- Select Disney+, then tap on Install
Once the application is installed, you can open it and log in to your account to follow the instructions for setting up the service.
How to get Disney Plus for LG TV
If you are using an LG TV, you can watch endless entertainment, including Disney Classics and lots of content from Star Wars and Marvel Studios.
The streaming service works with all LG TVs made before 2016.
You can also find 4K UHD, OLED, and FHD/HD LED LED TVs. Follow these steps to download the Disney Plus LG Smart TV App and begin watching TV shows and movies.
- Connect your LG TV with the internet using a wireless or Ethernet connection
- Use your LG remote control to press the Home Menu button
- LG Content Store
- Type the words Disney Plus into the Search box and hit Enter.
- Browse the app categories, and then choose Disney+
- Select the channel you wish to install.
- Open the app after installing it
After you have opened it, log in to Disney+ using a username or password. You can now stream or watch any TV series or movie that you like if you are successful.
You can also add the channel to the list of your favorite apps.
Disney Plus for Android TV
It will be much easier to access Disney Plus on Smart TV if you use an Android operating system.
- Use the remote control to press the Home button
- Open the Google Play Store
- Look for Disney Plus App
- Once you have found it, click Install
- Launch the app after installation.
Logging in is required before you can proceed. Disney+ works only on Android 5.0 or higher.
If you have an OS below 5.0, it may be necessary to update. These steps will work on devices such as Sony, Xiaomi, and Hisense that run the Android OS.
Roku TV: Disney Plus
To start using Disney+ on your Roku device, the following is what you should do:
- Go to Roku Home Screen
- Choose Streaming Channels
- Click on Search Channels
- Enter Disney Plus
- Highlight and select Disney Plus in the search results
- Click on Add Channel
- Go to your Roku Home Screen
- Open Disney+
To continue viewing any content, you will need to log into your Disney Plus account.
If Disney Plus is not compatible, here’s how to install it on your TV.
You cannot install Disney Plus on Smart TV if your device is not compatible. You can access the streaming service with other devices.
You can, for example, use Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, or Chromecast. These are some ways to get around this problem:
Install the app via Amazon Fire Stick
If you are using Amazon Fire Stick, follow the steps below:
- Fire Stick Home Screen
- Click on the magnifying glasses icon or search for it.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to type in Disney Plus
- Once you have found the app, highlight Disney Plus
- Choose the app
- Select Get or Download
- Wait for the application download to complete before installing it
- Select Open
Once you have opened the app, log into your Disney+ account to start watching your favorite shows.
An HDMI connection allows you to view the video through your TV
You can stream Disney Plus from your TV via an HDMI connection if it isn’t compatible.
A computer is required to connect your TV to the computer via an HDMI port. Here’s how it works:
- An HDMI cable connects your computer to your computer
- Make sure your TV is connected to the right HDMI input
- The TV will show you the content.
An adapter is required if your device supports HDMI output. The USB-C converter to HDMI is one example of such an adapter.
Apple TV: Disney Plus
Follow these steps to get Apple TV 4 th-generation devices and other newer models.
- Visit Apple TV Home Screen
- Find the App Store
- Type Disney Plus into the search box
- Select Get after you have found the app.
- Wait for the app’s download to complete before installing it
- After installation, you can open Disney+
Register to sign in to your streaming account, or create a brand new one to start enjoying entertaining content.
You can watch Disney Plus on older Apple TV models:
- Access iTunes from your iOS device
- Download the Disney+ mobile app
- Install the app
- Sign in to your Disney+ account by opening the app
- Connect your iOS device to the same network that your old Apple TV
Your next step is to cast movies from the iOS device to your Apple TV using AirPlay.
To stream Disney Plus on your Smart TV, you will need to subscribe and then install the app.
However, not all Smart TVs work together so you have other options. You can connect via an HDMI cable, Amazon Fire Stick, or Apple TV. Disney Plus may not work with Smart TVs manufactured before 2016.