Vizio is a well-known brand when it comes to Smart TVs. They offer a wide range of 4K Smart TVs at an affordable price.
However, one issue that has bothered Vizio TV users for a while is installing apps. Some users can’t access Vizio TV Store, while others complain about not being able to use their favorite apps.
This guide will help you search for and add apps on Vizio Smart TV SmartCast or Apple AirPlay. SmartCast allows you to cast your phone to the television, while Apple AirPlay allows you to cast your iPhone to the television.
These services allow you to access Android or iOS right from your TV.
How to add apps on Vizio TV
To complete this step, you will need an internet connection and a Vizio remote. These steps will be followed once you have your internet connection and Vizio remote.
- Turn on your TV, and then press V on the remote control of Vizio.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yahoo TV or CTV stores using your remote control
- To launch the app store, press OK
- Click on the app you prefer and then click OK
- Use your arrow keys to select Install App and then press OK
Each TV has a content shop where you can download apps. Vizio uses both of these. These stores don’t offer many apps, such as Android TV, LG TV, or others.
Vizio however has a solution. SmartCast or Apple AirPlay are two options.
To use SmartCast on your Vizio TV:
- Launch the app store on your tablet or smartphone
- Search for Vizio SmartCast Mobile and tap to install
- Wait for the download process to complete
- Start the app
- The three lateral bars on the left-hand side of the tablet should be pressed.
- Scroll down to select “Setup New Device”
- Click Get Started
- Choose your preferred language
- Your smartphone or tablet should be moved to the lower-left corner of your TV
- Select your TV model from the list of devices on your smartphone
- To pair the devices, enter the code shown on your TV
- It is possible that your TV needs to be updated. Click on the Update button to reboot your TV after the update.
SmartCast should now work for you. You will need to scan the channels if your TV has a coaxial tuner. If your TV does not have a coaxial port tuner, you will be asked to perform a channel scan. This is it! You can now control your TV using SmartCast.
If you don’t own the Vizio remote, this method works well.
Vizio supports AirPlay so you can stream videos or view photos from your iPhone to Vizio TV. You can also mirror the screen of your iPhone to your TV.
These steps will allow you to connect Vizio TV with an iPhone via AirPlay. You can then use iOS apps from your TV.
- Connect Vizio TV to your iPhone or iPad to join the same network
- Open any app that you wish to cast on an iOS device
- Tap the Apple AirPlay icon to locate it
- Choose your Vizio TV among the available options
- Wait for the content on your TV to appear
Click the AirPlay icon to see your Vizio TV among the options.
Now you can view photos on your iPhone or iPad, or even share presentations from your computer.
How to update Vizio TV firmware
Upgrading your firmware version is one way to make sure that your Vizio TV works with the latest apps from the app store.
These steps will allow you to update your firmware.
- Use the remote control to access the menu
- Scroll down to System. Click on it
- Select Check for Updates
- A prompt appears asking “Does this allow you to check for updates?”
- Click Enter to wait for the update.
The latest Vizio firmware should be installed.
It should be easy to install apps on Vizio TV. Let us know if you encounter any problems or have difficulty downloading new apps.