Twitch provides a wide range of features for streaming. One of the most popular features is the donation feature.
Users can donate funds to help a streamer maintain their channel or purchase gear for a specific course. Twitch offers many ways to make donations.
Different streamers may explore different options. When setting up a Twitch donation button, streamers must be aware.
PayPal and Streamlabs are two of the most common ways to donate. These are the steps to creating a Twitch donate button.
Learn more: How to change the subscriber badge on Twitch for affiliates or partners
How to set up PayPal donations on Twitch
This direct method allows users to donate directly to their PayPal account. Follow these steps to set up a donate link.
- Open your PayPal account, go to the profile section, and choose my selling tools.
- Click on the PayPal button to update and then click the link to create a new one.
- Select the button type, and you will be able to choose the donation option. To link the button, type in your Twitch channel’s name. Click on the customize text or appearance option to customize the button.
- Return to the previous menu, and click on the donate button. Save the image to your desktop by selecting the Save Image option.
- Select the donation currency you wish to use, and click on the Create button option. Follow the steps in the Email Tab. Select the Code option. Copy the code.
- Sign in to Twitch by opening a new tab. Click on the channel option and select your username.
- Click on the admin button, and then select edit. You can create a new panel by using the + option. Give it the Donation name.
- Click on the Add Image option to select the PayPal donation button that was saved to your desktop. Refer to step 4.
- Select done. Select the Option image link and copy the code for the donation button. Copy the code from PayPal’s step 5.
- The purpose of the donation button must be described. To view your button, you can return to the home screen of your page.
How to add a Streamlabs donation link on Twitch
These steps will allow your subscribers to donate to Twitch via Streamlabs.
- Go to Streamlabs and go to donation Settings. Click on the link to sign up when asked. Choose PayPal from the options.
- Enter the email address linked to your PayPal account.
- To complete the process, click submit
Here is a detailed guide for setting up donations on Twitch using Streamlabs.
How to create a Donorbox donate link on Twitch
These steps will help you create a Donorbox donation link for your Twitch stream.
- Save an image for a donation button. It can be saved to your computer.
- Click on your Twitch username to go to the channel option
- Scroll down to the Edit Panels section and turn it on. You will see a + sign.
- Click Sign To to select Add Text or Image. In the text box, type in donate here and then click the image section to select add image. Upload the saved image from the previous step.
- Head to your Donorbox dashboard and copy the link to your secure donation page.
- Copy the link to the Image Links box. Please write a description of the donation and send it in.
- Your edit panels can be turned off to send your donations directly to your bank account. Twitch users can donate without PayPal by using this option
Follow these steps to add the Twitch donate button. This will allow you to accept donations from viewers of your channel.