Windows will show you Windows 10 Error 0x8024402f if you attempt to download new updates and instal them. This error can be caused by Internet Connectivity or Firewall Settings that trigger connection issues for your PC and Microsoft Server.
This error prevents you from installing the current and fresh patches released by Microsoft. We are only covering this error for Windows 10, but can only support if you get 0x8024402f Windows Upgrade Error in Windows 8 or 7. Lets see how this can be resolved.
Fixing Windows Update Error 0x8024402f
Next, we’ll address any generic remedies for this problem and then jump to the Advance Approach to get rid of this 0x8024402f Windows Upgrade Error Message.
In order to fix this problem on your Windows 10 PC, we can see 2 generic methods described under Simple Steps and 1 advance method.
So, let’s go.
Basic steps for addressing Windows Error Update 0x8024402f
Step 1: Repairing Network Problems
If you are unable to uninstall Windows 10 updates, the first thing you want to do is search the Internet/Network problems first.
Thankfully, a utility programme is installed into Windows 10 to detect and address any network issues. Do the following, then.
- Check for “Identify and Repair Network Problems”
- Click the Search Result tab.
- Identification can start immediately.
- If there is some trouble with your network, then it will show you and ask you to repair it.
- If not, then you are confident that the problem is not the Internet. Only move on to the next step.
Step 2: Turn on Windows Firewall
If you have any anti-malware or anti-virus programme on your Windows 10 PC, it could transform the Windows Firewall on its own or default to make its own firewall. So, if this is the case, the Windows Firewall has to be switched on.
- ‘Firewall’ scan.
- Click Firewall for Windows (Control Panel).
- Click the Switch ON or OFF Windows Firewall button on the left pane.
- On Windows Firewall, press Switch, and then click Ok.