To help you love using their operating systems, Windows offers many features. They work tirelessly to try to make the work of Windows users easier. Unfortunately, there are a range of bugs or concerns with these features shared with Microsoft goods, such as Error Code 0x800700b7. And as Microsoft is doing its hardest to have forms and means to solve these issues.
In all these years, Device Restore and Backup functionality in windows have proven to be very useful. This is a valuable feature that backs up files and settings for your PC. In the event that something occurs that interferes with its smooth running, you can use the backed up files and settings to recover your PC.
The Device Restore and Backup feature, like every other Microsoft feature, faces problems. This is why error 0x800700b7 can be encountered.
The existence of this error clearly means that a failure has arisen with the programme associated with the device restoration function. This ensures that all backed-up files or settings will not be backed up or recovered. The most possible moment when this mistake can occur is when you attempt to recover your PC.
Reasons why you got the 0x800700b7 Error Code
There are many explanations why 0x800700b7 error can be encountered;
- An installed third-party antivirus/malware software that prevents files that the antivirus programme flags as a file as a threat to your PC device from accessing the system restoration function. Notice that this can also be achieved by the built-in Firewall software.
- Corrupt system files that could be due to contamination with virus/malware.
- Incorrect system settings setup, which could be attributed to the implementation of a software that modifies system settings.
- Failed or partial installation of a programme that leaves invalid Windows registry entries on your PC.
- Wrong shutdown of the machine, which can happen due to power loss.
How to Fix Error 0x800700b7 in Windows
You may use many methods to fix the 0x800700b7 error;
Method 1: Install Pending Programs
- By downloading any programmes that are downloaded but not yet installed, you can quickly fix the 0x800700b7 error.
- Check to see if there is some software you might have recently downloaded or not. Just in case they were not installed automatically, you should go a little further and verify if there are any pending changes that need to be installed.
- Notice also that any software you have installed recently should need to be uninstalled. The software installation may cause interference that prevents the proper operation of the device restore function.
Method 2: Run System File Checker Utility
To fix any corruption in system files, run the built-in system file checker utility.
- Click “Start”
- Click “Run”.
- Type “CMD” in the resultant box.
- Press ENTER.
- In the command prompt window that appears, type ‘sfc/scannow’. Allow the utility time to run before returning to operate to see whether the error is fixed or not.
Method 3: Clear System Cache from System Registry
Over time, using the PC contributes to cache depletion in the device tray. Continued cache accumulation will quickly induce registry manipulation, resulting in 0x800700b7 and other Windows errors occurring.
Device cache clearing allows you to have an administrative right to the PC.
- To open the registry editor, press the Windows Key and R keys together.
- In the subsequent pop-up window that emerges, enter ‘regedit’.•
- Please press ‘OK.’
- Click the ‘HKEY CURRENT USER’ button >Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify.
- Delete the keys for “IconStreams” and “PastIconsStream”
- To open a task manager, click the CTRL+ALT+DEL combination.
- Navigate to the’ Processes’ page.
- Right-click ‘Explorer.exe’ and the job loop is ended.
The machine tray will automatically reboot the PC and all the icons will be backed up without any problems. This can be used to correct the 0x800700b7 mistake.
A Windows 0x800700b7 error can tend to be a minor issue. It does not, therefore, prohibit you from using your PC. However, it may be the source of other errors to leave the mistake unsolved for long. This is why it is important that you repair it at the earliest possible moment.