Error 97 Sms Origination Denied – Here we can see “Error 97 SMS Origination Denied”
What Does Error 97 SMS Origination Denied Mean?
Android error 97 means that SMS origination was denied. When you send an SMS message and hit Send, the error code 97 will be displayed. This code usually indicates that the SMS cannot be sent.
You could have corrupted data or cache on your Android device. You may also experience data loss if your mobile device isn’t able to keep up with data.
Even if you’ve encountered error 97 in your Android phone, there are means about how you’re able to repair the issue.
Also, see Windows update error 80072efe
What Causes the “Error 97: SMS Origination Denied” Error?
We received numerous reports from customers and decided to investigate the issue. We also looked into the causes of it and recorded them.
- Corrupt Data: Sometimes, corrupted data may appear in the messages program because of the problem. Corrupt data can slow down system processes and prevent messages from passing through.
- Corrupt Cache: To speed up loading times and provide a smoother experience, specific launch configurations and information are stored in the messages program. This information can become corrupted over time, however, if an error is triggered.
You now have a basic understanding of the issue. We will be working towards the solutions. To avoid the battle, make sure you use them in the order they were introduced.
How Do I Fix Android SMS Error 97?
Method #1 – Power Cycle Your Android Device
- Following your phone has closed down, then wait for 1 second.
- Today, press the power button and then restart your apparatus.
Also, see: Windows media center store manager update
Method #2 — Clear the Cache
- Navigate into the Preferences of your Android apparatus.
- Visit Software.
- Select Apps.
- Pick Messages.
- Select Storage.
- Tap the Clear Cache button.
- Following the cache is removed, check whether the error is still there.
Method Number 3 — Clear Data
- Open the Preferences.
- Navigate to Programs.
- Harness Programs.
- Select Messages.
- Proceed to Storage.
- Tap the Clear Data button.
Method Number 4 — Force Stop the Android Messages app
- Visit Settings.
- Open the Programs.
- Select Apps.
- Tap Messages.
- Tap the Force Stop button.
- Open the Messages program again to test whether the error persists.
Method Number 5 — Empower Storage From The Messages Program
- Launch the Preferences Menu.
- Visit Programs and tap Programs.
- Visit Messages.
- Harness to start Permissions.
- Search for Storage, and then click on it to Empower.
Also, see: Apple “Find My Network” Will Now Locate iOS15 Devices Even If They’re Offline
Which of the above solutions will you use to fix the Android SMS error 97 Leave a comment below.
Error 97: SMS origination refused
If my spouse attempts to send me an SMS, she will get “Error97: SMS origination declined”. They do not reach me. It started a few weeks ago. She can call me fine. She can text me fine, and I can send her texts. This My Verison webpage shows that neither one of us has any call/text blocking turned on. If I’m on a group chat with her (MMS), she will send me messages, but maybe not SMS.
Both of us have declared our mobiles. The forum article removed the SIM, moved it down, and then added it to the phone. No results. The messages also don’t look in my text messages set in the internet msg viewer. It’s not a problem with the messaging program. I have a Moto G2 both Verizon and completely upgraded. She has an LG K 20 V.