Have you lost your WiFi password and want to get it back, but don’t know where and how to get started? If you do, so you don’t need to think about this anymore. Fortunately, several applications and software are available that you can use to retrieve your password, but all of them require rooted devices.
What to do, then, if you don’t have a rooted unit. Simply read this guide to learn how to recover your WiFi password without source.
No Root WiFi Password Recovery
There are two methods that allow you to see a saved wifi password without root. The first depends on WiFi Password Recovery without root, and the second depends on WiFi Password Recovery on the root computer. So, without having more debate, let’s start with:
WiFi Password Recovery Without Root Guide
If you don’t want to root your system, this method is recommended for you. But before you do something, just bear in mind that this approach only works for selected smartphones.
It works only when you’re linked to a WiFi network. You will need a QR scanner to perform the tasks. When you’ve got all the stuff ready, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Phone settings and then move to the WiFi section.
- Allow WiFi and then connect your phone to a WiFi network.
- Once your computer is linked, click the key to reveal your password.
- It will view the QR code.
- Take a screenshot of the QR code and then download the QR reader app from the PlayStore.
- Scan the QR code and press Link to the network.
- You’re done with it, man.
How to See Saved WiFi Password on a Rooted Device
If the above approach doesn’t work for you, this is the last option open. You’ve got to root your computer, and then you can see your password saved. Here are the steps you need to follow to show android saved WiFi passwords:
- Root your computer and then test the root privileges.
- You can search them by downloading a simple PlayStore app.
- Download and install the File Explorer in the Play Store.
- Open the app and swipe right to see more choices.
- Find and click the “Root Explorer” link.
- Grant all permissions requested by the Root Explorer.
- Select Local Storage, then Select Computer.
- Navigate to the segment on the device.
- Look for the “etc” folder in the machine folder and open it.
- Find the Wi-Fi folder and navigate to the “wpa supplicant.conf” file contained in it.
- Press and hold the file until you see a pop-up on your phone.
- Select the default “File Editor.”
- You will see the password you saved in the “SSID” window.
- This is it! Only take care of the password and start accessing the Wi-Fi.
So, Above are the two methods that you can use to extract a Wi-Fi password without root and with a root user.
I hope you’ve found this guide helpful. If you liked this story, share it with your friends who are searching for the same one. Additionally, if you have any questions, please let me know in the comment section below.