You must’ve heard about Odin. Odin is a very familiar name that every Samsung Galaxy user recognizes. Other devices need bootloader like Fastboot to unlock flash recovery, but here Samsung is a step ahead of its Odin Mode flash recovery process.
Odin is used to flash stock firmware, custom recovery for Samsung. And in this post, we’re going to show you how to download the Samsung Odin Tool. This helps you to update your Samsung smartphone to any firmware and even load Custom ROMs.
What does Samsung Odin or Odin 3 mean?
Odin 3 is a free flashing tool that you can use to flash your firmware and recover missing files. It also allows you to install any version of Android until it is officially released on your computer.
You can also use this for permanent root access by downloading a custom kernel. But, before you do that, bear in mind that your system can also be bricked. If you want to run it properly, run it on your computer as an administrator.
Download Odin 3.12.3 Latest Version
Odin only detects your Samsung devices when it’s in the download mode. You can flash files with the.tar or.tar.md5 extension. Samsung officially launched Odin for use in service centers.
Odin is a very small device that is simple to use. It covers a little bit of room in your system. There are a number of representations of Odin here. Yet I suggest that you use the new one. Below are a few features of the Odin Tool.
Features of the new version of Odin:
Odin is a very light and compact device that can be used for flashing firmware, stock. Below are the features of Odin for Samsung: Root With Odin:
- You can easily root your Samsung computer with CFAuto Root with Odin. It’s effortless to root with Odin, and you can also customize your phone after rooting.
- Flash Custom Recovery: With Odin, you can easily flash a customized recovery on your computer.
- Flash Stock ROM: If your phone is stuck in a boot-loop or on a computer, you can easily return to stock ROM at any time. Odin lets you flash the firmware quickly.
- No installation required: Because Odin is a light device, all versions are portable, and the best part is that no installation process is needed. Only delete the.exe file and use it from there.
Few Odin Software Basic Concepts
Once you open the Odin tool on your computer, you’ll see a lot of choices that you need to understand before you start using them. Here we have given the basic description of each alternative as follows:
1. Auto Reboot: You can see this feature already allowed by default in Odin. It automatically restarts your computer if your stock firmware flashes. If you’re going to flash your firmware, don’t disable this option.
2. Nand Erase: If you click on this button, it will delete all data and files, including the operating system, from your Samsung computer.
4. Re-Partition: When you flash your Samsung Mobile PIT File along with the Firmware, use this option only, otherwise do not change the default settings.
4. AP: The Full Form AP is an Android processor that is primarily used for flashing single-file firmware, retrieving missing files and retrieving CF-root files.
5. CP: The CP stands for Core Processor, which is used for flashing Modem files that come with Samsung Binaries.
2. CSC: The CSC alternative stands for Customer Product Configuration that can be used to adjust the geographical location, APN settings, Carrier Branding.
7. PIT: Known as partition information table, which contains almost every piece of information about the technical features of your computer.
8. BP: stands for Boot Loader and is used to flash bootloader files.
Links to Samsung Odin Download:
How to use the Flash ROMs / Recovery Odin
In the section below, we’re going to share some simple steps to using the Odin method. You must learn how to use the Odin tool to flash.tar and.md5 files. Just follow all the steps and learn the fundamentals of Odin. First, you need to download the Odin tool from the links mentioned above.
- First of all, download the Odin app from the links above. Extract the zip file after downloading.
- Then attach the Samsung Galaxy Phone to your PC / laptop using a data cable.
- Then enter Odin or Download mode. To open Odin mode, first turn off your computer.
- Then press three keys: Home+ Volume Down + Power button until you see the Download / Odin page.
- Then remove the buttons.
- You’ll see a alert, click the Volume Up button to enter the mode.
- You’ll see the ID: COM window. It’s going to be blue, and that means that Odin has detected your computer.
- Verify first if there is a tick mark on two options:’ Auto Reboot’ and’ F.Reset Time.’
- Everything set up. You can now flash any stock firmware / custom recoveryor.tar and.md5 files. To flash these, click on the AP(PDA) button, and then pick your file to flash.
- Odin is going to function and search the.md5/.rar file. Click the Start button and Odin will start flashing the selected image.
- Wait a couple of minutes. You’ll see the’ Transfer’ written in a green color.
Over, man! You have successfully used Odin to flash any firmware / custom recovery or other image. These are the steps you need to use the Odin tool for your Galaxy system.
Download the Samsung Devices Mobile Odin Software
If you are looking to use the Odin App on your Samsung smartphone, you can do so using the Mobile Odin Pro App created by the ChainFire team. It has almost every feature you’d get in the Samsung Odin Tool.
They’ve also created another FlashFire software that you can use for Flash Firmware, Custom ROMs, and retrieve images. All you need is a rooted device, and then you can install this software on your computer. You should check out this post on How to Boot Android Phone without a Mac.
Where can I stop the fake Odin websites?
There are hundreds of websites available on the Internet that claim to be the official source of Odin. Many of these websites are created either by people who just want to inject a virus or a malware into your computer.
You should search their URL to identify these websites. If their URLs are like “odindownload.com,” “Samsungodin.com,” then stop using these websites because they are deliberately designed to confuse you.
You can download Odin (any version) of the program (new or old) for your computer using the links provided in the post. We also shared the steps needed to use the Odin method. You may use the easy-to-use guide to flash any firmware, stock ROM or custom recovery.
There are a lot of features that Odin has, and you can’t get them in the other software. I hope you’ve grasped the whole guide and can use the new version of the Odin app. If you have any issues, please feel free to comment below. We’re going to help as soon as possible.