How Do I Connect My Lenovo Laptop to a Monitor Using HDMI ?
HDMI stands for the multimedia interface of high definition and is today one of the most prevalent audio/video standards in use. It has the potential to carry a single cable with high definition signals.
In addition, to connect to the external monitor, all the new Lenovo laptops come with at least one HDMI port and all you need is an HDMI cable. When you have that, just connect one end of it to the laptop and the other end of it to the computer.
However, you have to check your monitor’s display input before buying an HDMI cable. You should go ahead with the purchase decision after checking that you have an HDMI port close to the DisplayPort input.
Again, you can rest assured that it will come with an HDMI slot, if you already have the best high definition display.
How do I connect my Lenovo laptop to a monitor using HDMI?
Method 1. Sharing the display between the laptop and the external monitor
How do I connect my Lenovo laptop to a monitor using HDMI – sharing displays
Step 1. Setting up the monitor
- Power off the computer and all other connected devices > unplug the power cord on the computer
- Then link to one monitor with the fitted cables. You’ll normally find at least two HDMI cables and an adaptor.
- If the monitor is fitted with more wires, after attaching the link to the laptop, you must download the app.
- Now, one end of the HDMI cable needs to be attached to the HDMI monitor connector and the other to the Lenovo laptop.
- One end of the adapter cable needs to be attached to the display and the other to the socket.
Step 2. Laptop configuration
- To change the monitor display schedule, you have to use the shortcut key. Press Fn + F10 or use the Windows + P buttons to share the monitor between the laptop and the external computer to begin the operation.
- Another approach is the same, where you may set the screen resolution to customize the display plan for the computer. You have to select a program from the drop-down list of several displays after accessing the screen resolution.
- From there, right-click Windows Desktop > Select Screen Resolution from the drop-down list available, and then right-click
- From the Start menu, you can select the control panel, then press Change Screen Resolution under Category Appearance and Customization.
Step 3. Switching the video output to the HDMI port with NVIDIA graphics.
- Go to Start > Panel Power.
- Then, in the NVIDIA control plan, press Appearance and Personalization > Go to.
- Then, to unfold it, press View > Set it to several displays. If external storage devices are detected, a piece of external display equipment will appear on the computer. For an HDMI interface, you need to click on it.
- The HDMI splitter is also often used by individuals, but the HDMI splitter won’t allow two displays to act the way the consumer wants them. The HDMI port is capable of transmitting only one signal. The splitter enables the two displays to transmit the same signal.
Method 2. Using ‘HDMI out’ port on the laptop
How do I connect my Lenovo laptop to a monitor using HDMI – HDMI port
Step 1. Connecting the laptop
The HDMI projector cable attaches the display to the flat HDMI port on the left side of the laptop. You have to make sure, though, that the other end is plugged into the monitor already. On both ends, the cable would be identical. Therefore, it doesn’t matter which end of the cable you connect to the laptop.
Step 2. Switching on the monitor
Plug the display into the power outlet >Power it on. If there are several HDMI ports on the monitor, you have to pick the channel to which the monitor is connected. Then turn through the channels until you get the picture on the monitor.
Step 3. Configuration of display settings
Now you have to go ahead with the show setup in windows. To do this, in the search box accessible in the top right corner of the window, press the start button>select control panel type>display. Click the Attach button on the external monitor. Duplicating these displays is the default setting you can get. If you want to expand the Windows desktop to an HDMI monitor, you can click to extend these displays.
Summing it up
Using HDMI, you can easily connect your Lenovo laptop to a monitor while following the above steps. For best performance, make sure to purchase a high-quality HDMI cable. Stay tuned for some more details from the technology arena and updates.