Disney Plus is a great platform that allows you to watch a range of content, wherever you are. The streaming platform has its problems, just like other platforms.
Error code 14 is one of the most common reasons Disney Plus may not work. Here’s how you can fix this error that appears on your TV screen.
Why is this an error?
When you cannot log in to Disney Plus due to problems such as:
- Entering the wrong password or email address is incorrect
- Although you have entered the correct password, the case numbers are incorrect.
- An account that isn’t active
- Cookie or cache data corrupted
- Temporary bug in your web browser
- Temporary bug in your app
- You have too many devices logged into your account
The top fixes for the Disney Plus error 14 (login problems)
You can try each one of these solutions until you resolve the problem.
1. Make sure you enter the login details
When Disney Plus displays an error code 14, the first thing you should do is double-check your email address and password.
Sometimes the streaming service will show an error rather than an invalid login message.
When confirming your password, be sure to check for the correct cases. Passwords are case-sensitive.
2. 2. Change your password
Are you still having trouble logging in? Perhaps you forgot your password or accidentally changed it.
It is possible to retrieve your login information. This is how you do it:
- Launch the Disney Plus app or go to disneyplus.com on your computer browser
- Navigate to the login page/screen and click on the “Forgot Password?” option
- Disney will send you a link to reset your password via email
- It can be used to create a new password
After you have created a new password, log into your Disney Plus app or PC browser and try again to log in.
3. 1. Activate your account (first-time users only)
Are you a first-time user? If your account isn’t active, the Disney Plus not working: error 14 code may occur.
Activate it by clicking the activation link sent to you after signing up.
4. Clear cached and cookie data
Another common cause of Disney+ error 14 is corrupted cookies and cached data. You can fix the problem by clearing them.
You can delete browsing data from a computer by going to the settings menu. If you are using Disney Plus, delete any cache stored on your phone or other streaming devices.
5. Re-install your Disney Plus app
A corrupted app could also cause error code 14 in Disney Plus. It is best to uninstall the app and then reinstall it.
You can delete the app from your streaming device or smartphone and then install a new, updated app. Once it is installed, launch it and start streaming.
6. Sign in with another device
If you still get the error code 14 on your streaming device, it could be that you are not using the correct streaming device. You can use another supported device to fix the problem.
You can use them to surf the web on your PC, smartphone, tablet, or iPad. Smart TVs and gaming consoles can be used to watch TV, as well as other devices like Roku, Chromecast, and Amazon Fire.
Are you having trouble logging in to Disney Plus? Even if you’ve entered the correct password, there are many reasons why this may happen.
These solutions will fix error 14 on Disney Plus and restore your viewing. However, if the issue persists, you can contact the Disney Plus customer support center for more troubleshooting help.