If you are using DirecTV, you may have encountered problems of different kinds with the service. You may have encountered an error message from the system that you are unable to resolve.
Most users don’t know how to interpret DirecTV error codes that they see on their screens. Your DirecTV should perform well so that you have a better viewing experience. If it doesn’t, this can cause some problems.
You may see an error code or message on your TV screen when DirecTV encounters an issue. There are many ways to fix the problem, including restarting your receiver.
If that fails, you’ll need to perform a thorough troubleshooting step to solve the problem.
Common DirecTV app issues and their solutions
This is a list of DirecTV error codes and how to fix them.
1. Error code 928
When your Wireless Video Bridge stops working properly, you will get an error code 928. This error code is often encountered by people who have replaced their Genie receivers or do not properly set up the system. This can also happen when:
- Wireless Video Bridge is currently rebooting or has lost its power.
- The wireless connection is not stable.
To resolve the problem, the first thing you need to do is reset your receiver’s connection. Here’s how to reset your Genie minis.
- Make sure the status light is on.GreenBefore you reset your Wireless Video Bridge.
- unplug the wireless genie mini.
- Wireless devices can be added to your video bridge.
- You will receive aAccess code of 4-digits to enter on your genie mini devices.
- Just plug the minis wireless genies into your computer and wait for it to display.
- choose more InformationIf you receive the Wireless Connection Lost message,
- Enter your code.
- Wait for the device.resetReconnect.
- The status light will turn once it is reconnectedGreen.
- Use the access code of 4-digits if prompted.
- ChooseAdd a new location.
- Enter the name of your wireless address.
- For all genie minis, repeat the process.
- Go to the primary genre TVSelect Done.
All your wireless minis must be ON for a green network LED to turn blue and your Wireless Video Bridge LED to turn blue.
If the steps above do not work, contact DirecTV customer support for further assistance.
2. Error code 927
If you receive error code 927 it means that there is an issue with downloading your On-Demand movies and shows.
This could be due to a variety of issues, including an unstable internet link. Here’s how to fix it.
- You can delete any movie or show that you have already recorded.
- You can try downloading the title again.
- If you have a DECA system, make sure it is powered up and the Network LED is green.
- Verify that no cables are loose or broken.
- Reset your modem.
- Reset the receiver.
Also, you can check if the receiver is connected to the internet. The dash button can be used to check if the receiver has an internet connection. Go to Menu Settings & Help > Internet – Select Reconnect Internet.
3. Error code 721
DirecTV may not be working due to error code 721. This could be caused by two things: either DirecTV is accessing an unlicensed channel or your receiver not receiving enough program information. You can fix it by following the steps below.
- Go to myAT&T account overview.
- choose DIRECTV.
- Friday Services.
- Choose a SeeMy Channel Lineup.
You will need to add the channel if it isn’t already listed. Select Manage Package, then select the package with the channel you wish to view.
If the channel is not listed, you’ll need to refresh it and restart your receiver.
- Visit myAT&T account overview.
- choose DIRECTV.
- ChooseManage your Package.
- Choose Refresh receiver under Equipment.
The receiver will need to be restarted. After unplugging it from the socket, wait 15 seconds, then plug it back into the socket. Once it is powered on, you can open the channel again. If you get error code 722, the above steps will still work.
4. Error code 771
Error 771 is a message that your satellite dish cannot communicate with. This can occur due to bad weather, or when your HD signal is lost. To fix it:
- Verify the SAT-IN cable. Verify that the wall outlet and receiver are connected securely. You should also inspect the adaptors that are connected to the cable.
- If the SWiM power liner is attached to the DirecTV cable, unplug it.
- Wait for 15 seconds before plugging it back in. This option will refresh DirecTV’s signal and allow you access to content once again.
Also, you can check to make sure nothing is blocking your satellite dish’s view of the sky. If error code 775 is a problem, the same steps will apply.
5. Error code 920
If you receive error code 920 it means that your satellite receiver cannot download the information. If the problem occurs after more than three hours without activity,
Run a system test to diagnose the problem.
- PressMenüYou can do this by using your remote control.
- PressInformation & Test.
- SelectRun System Test.
Allow the system test to finish for a few moments.
6. Error code 128
Error code 128 refers to a playback problem. Here’s how to troubleshoot it.
- To reset your Genie DVR, press the red button located near the access card. Hold the button down until the receiver restarts.
- Verify that the receiver has enough internet access. Then press the dash button on your remote and go toMenü>Help & Settings>Settings>Internet. Select Reconnect Settings at this point.
You should also make sure that there are no loose or disconnected cables that prevent internet access.
7. Error code 5
Some users encountered error code 5 while trying to rent On-Demand movies. This issue appears to have been caused by DirecTV and not you. For assistance, contact customer service.
- Make sure the receiver is connected to a sufficient power source.
- Reset your DirecTV receiver.
You can also reset your DirecTV equipment to try again.
8. Error code 88
Code 88 does not always mean an error code. This means that your receiver is connected to the DirecTV server and the internet. You can now access online content and live events.
Contact customer service if you have any questions about the code. If you receive error code 103, you should also do the same.
9. Error code 70
Error code 70 indicates a problem with your network connection. DirecTV may not be detecting your connection after you have set up your network. This problem can be solved by troubleshooting your internet connection or network connection.
You will need to restore the default configuration of your network. Here’s how to do it:
- ChooseSettings & Assistance
Once the receiver has restored the default settings, click Connect Now. If the receiver does not connect, power cycle it and the router. Wait for it to reboot.
10. Error code 122
Many people receive error code 122 when streaming HD content. This error code is not related to the user’s equipment or devices but DirecTV.
Contact customer service for assistance.
11. Error code 86
There are many reasons why error code 86 is being displayed. These are:
- Your router is not working properly or is out of order.
- There is no connection between the router and the receiver.
- There is no internet connection, but you have a network connection.
- You are not able to configure your router or receiver network correctly.
There are many ways to troubleshoot the problem.
- Verify that all DECA units, including the Broadband DECA, are functioning properly.
- Verify that your router is correctly configured.
- Make sure your router can handle the number of devices that you add to the network.
- To determine if you have an internet issue, contact your ISP.
- Disable VPN or proxy connections
You can also restore your default network setup and try again.
12. Error code 14
When you restart your receiver, error code 14 will occur. This means that your DVR is not working properly and you cannot record shows. You will still be able to view live TV.
It is best to fix it by pressing the red button on your receiver and starting over. For further assistance, contact customer service. You can still resolve the problem if error codes 15-18, 19, or 22 are displayed.
13. Error code 40
If you see error code 40 there is likely a problem with dish alignment or distribution. Here’s how to fix it.
- PressMenüOn the remote.
- Go to setup & Parental Favorites.
- Navigate toSystem Installation.
- Go toSee Signal Strength.
- ChooseSignal meters.
- PressMenüOn the remote.
- Navigate toSystem setup.
- ViewSignify Strength.
- Go toSignal meters.
The signal strength is measured in meters. It is considered an unaligned dish if it falls below 70%
Instead of trying to fix it yourself, contact customer service. It is also possible to troubleshoot the problem by following the instructions in section four.
If you understand the meaning of error codes, DirecTV can help you fix them. You can fix connection problems by running a system check or resetting your receiver.
If you’re unable to resolve the problem, you can contact customer service for assistance.