Amazon Prime Video is a subscription-based service that allows you to purchase or rent movies and TV shows then stream on a wide range of devices.
Apart from streaming, you can also download your favorite videos or movies to the Amazon Library and then watch them offline.
This is a great choice for travelers and areas without internet access.
The download option can be a problem for your storage space. After you finish watching the videos, large files will remain on your device, taking up a lot of space.
This could be a problem when you want to download more videos or install other apps on your device.
To make sure you have enough space for other uses, you can delete videos from Amazon’s library.
How to delete videos from Amazon Library
These steps will allow you to delete videos and movies that you have watched from Amazon Prime.
- Sign in into your Amazon account on your computer browser
- Navigate to the section “Accounts and List” and hover your mouse. You will see a drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the “Your Account” menu until you find “Your Video Library”.
- To access your Amazon video library, click on “Your Video Library”.
- Click on the video icon to go to the location you wish to delete the video (TV Shows/Movies). To remove the video from your library, select the delete option. After you’re done, a confirmation message appears.
- To delete any other Amazon Prime videos, go back to the library.
How to delete videos from iPad
You can also delete downloaded Amazon movies from your mobile devices (smartphones and iPads, as well as tablets). These are the steps:
- Open the Amazon Prime Video App
- Click on the “Downloads” tab at the bottom right of your screen. You will see a list of all videos that you have saved to your Amazon library.
- Click the “Edit” button at the top of the screen. Tap on the circle icon (select) located on the left side to select the videos that you wish to delete.
- To remove unwanted videos from your Amazon Prime Library, tap on the “Delete” button at the bottom.
Amazon Prime videos and movies large can eat up too much storage space. This makes it difficult to download new or update other apps on your device.
However, the above solutions allow you to delete videos from your Amazon Video Library, which will free up storage space.
Be sure to close the tab before you hit the “delete” key. It can be tedious restoring them.