Amazon Prime on Roku is the ultimate definition of virtual borderless when it comes to viewing. The app crashes are one of the biggest frustrations with Amazon Prime on Roku.
Roku is the only way to get Amazon Prime Video. It will display an error message that indicates that something went wrong.
You can solve the problem by following the steps that we have provided.
Why the Prime App does not work on Roku
Here are some reasons you might be experiencing this problem:
- An inactive Amazon Prime account
- The Amazon Prime app is not up-to-date
- Unstable internet connection
How to fix Amazon Prime Video App for Roku
Here are some solutions to fix Amazon Prime app issues on Roku:
Solution 1: Verify that your Amazon Video account has an active status
You should first verify that your Amazon Prime Video account is active if your Amazon Prime Video doesn’t work.
Amazon Prime, like other premium streaming services, requires an active subscription.
This procedure will allow you to verify that your account is still active.
- Go to“Your Account”Amazon.
- Check ‘If it’s your first time, Trial for free?.
- Click on “Subscribe to our next subscription” for more information. Account details?.
- You can activate an account if it isn’t active by paying a premium monthly or annually.
Solution 2: Update Amazon Prime on Roku
You can also update the Prime video app to fix Amazon Prime not working with Roku. You can still watch thousands of Amazon shows with an outdated app, but it is not guaranteed that the app will stop crashing.
These steps will help you update your video app.
- Press the “Home” button on your Roku remote controller.
- Select channels from the left menu to get to the Channel Store.
- Click ‘Update’ on Amazon Prime Video App.
The time it takes to update files depends on their size and more importantly the stability of your internet connection at home.
However, the average time it takes to update the video application is less than five minutes.
Solution 3: Reboot Roku
Roku misconfigurations can sometimes cause the Amazon Prime video app to stop working. These instructions will help you to restart Roku if the Amazon Prime video app is not working.
- Five times, press the “Home” button on your remote control.
- Continue the steps by pressing the “Up” button once.
- Select the “Rewind” option on your remote and then press it twice.
- To reboot, click on ‘Fast forward’ and select the appropriate option.
You will see the boot animation after rebooting. The app will not crash again after the reboot process.
Solution 4: Restart your router
An internet connection is essential to stream Amazon Prime on Roku. Slow internet can cause the prime video app to not work on Roku.
These are the steps you should follow to restart your internet router.
- Remove the power code cable from the router.
- Allow the router to connect for 30 seconds.
- Allow the reset to take place for at least two minutes.
- You should be able to watch your favorite shows on Amazon Prime after you restart your router.
These four easy solutions for fixing Amazon Prime video app problems are simple to follow and implement.