We are living in exciting times. Gone are the days when we had to print images to save memories, and when we had to have enormous amounts of space to store information safely. Everything is now stored on a computer, where it is safe and secure. What happens, however, if something happens to your Mac? What happens if it is damaged or stolen? What would you do in that situation? Installing data backup software for Mac is preferable to worrying about the “what ifs” after the event has already occurred.
backup program for the Macintosh
It is possible to organize, manage, and automate backing up processes with the best backup software for the Mac platform. While you are working on your files and papers, they will be automatically saved in the background. There are no efforts. But how can you decide which software is the best fit for you?
Here is our ranking of the top ten best backup software for Mac in 2021. (free & paid).
10 Best Backup Software for Mac in 2021
1. EaseUS ToDo Backup
By using this data-backup program, you can back up your data to its servers automatically or on a timetable that you specify. EaseUS allows you to protect your data because all data is encrypted, and you can even create a passcode to add an extra degree of security to your system. It decides what to back up for you, including your documents, images, movies, and music folders, but it excludes the applications folder from the backup process.
EaseUS® Todo Backup for Mac is the best Mac backup software for data backup, OS cloning, and file synchronization. Its special features include:
- Online backup is completely unrestricted.
- Data can be restored and accessed from any location.
- All information is protected by encryption.
- During the sign-in process, a code for two-factor authentication is required.
- Provides a personal key that is solely known by the user, as well as disc cloning and file sync capabilities
- In a few simple steps, you may locate any missing information.
2. Acronis True Image 2021
The finest backup program for you is Acronis True Image if you don’t want to lose any of your important files anymore. To provide you with an additional layer of protection, the software backs up your data on both a local disc and the cloud, if you subscribe to the service and pay for cloud storage.
It has been announced that Acronis True Image 2021 will be published, which will include both integrated and on-demand protection – HardwareZone.sg
- Anti-ransomware defense is essential.
- Supports the cloning of hard drives.
- System drive is replicated in mirror image.
- Backups should be made on both the local drive and the cloud.
- Encryption from beginning to conclusion
- Office 365 setup with a full-image backup
- You may also be interested in Best Data Recovery Software for Mac
3. Get Backup Pro
Get Backup Pro data backup software for Mac allows you to back up all of your files, folders, documents, photos, and videos to an external drive or to network volumes, allowing you to keep everything safe. You may even build backups that are bootable and encrypted. Schedule a backup time or allow it to backup your key data automatically for you if you choose.
Special Features of Backup Pro are available for purchase.
- Backups are incremental and compressed using this method.
- Backups that are bootable
- Backups that are encrypted
- Backups are stored on external or network storage devices.
- Make a backup on CDs and DVDs.
- Scheduled backups can be performed in stealth mode.
- Synchronization of folders
- Any computer can be used to restore data.
ChronoSync is more than simply a backup solution; it is a one-stop shop for all of your data management requirements. It is an excellent choice for inclusion in the list of the top Mac backup software for 2021. Synchronization of files, creation of backups, and even cloud storage are all features of this software package. With this software, you can produce two types of bootable backups: normal backups and mirrored backups. Instead of creating a bootable system on the destination disc and leaving all other files intact, the mirrored version will replace the whole contents of the destination volume with files copied over from the source.
ChronoSync’s Unique Characteristics
- Files should be synchronised.
- Backups should be scheduled.
- Using the’restore’ option, you can recover files that have been lost or corrupted.
- Backups should be made to local hard discs, flash drives, and SD card storage devices.
- Back up your data to Amazon S3, Google Cloud, and Backblaze B2 storage services.
- Only modified files are backed up using incremental scanning.
Progressive scanning to resume from where you left off in the previous 5. Carbon Copy Cloner (also known
- as a carbon copy cloner) is a piece of software that allows you to create carbon copies of documents.
5. Carbon Copy Cloner
Carbon Copy Cloner is unquestionably one of the greatest backup programs available for the Mac. With its straightforward UI, you may create a complete backup of your data in just three clicks. It generates an exact replica of your Mac’s internal drive using a bootable drive to accomplish this. You have the option of creating backups every hour, every week, every month, and every year.
Special Characteristics of Carbon Copy Cloner
- It makes bootable backups available.
- Only files that have been edited or added are updated.
- Backup anywhere with a guided setup. Any file can be restored from an external disc or another Macintosh with Snapshot support.
- With a single click, you may organize and sort tasks.
If you own a small business and need to back up an endless amount of data, CrashPlan is the solution for you. Backups can be created on hard drives as well as on cloud storage, thanks to the software. If you choose, you can even build a backup on another Macintosh if necessary. There are no limits to the amount of data that can be backed up at one time. It also does incremental backups, reducing the pressure on your hard drives and the amount of confusion you experience.
crashplan Special Characteristics
- Recovery from ransomware
- There are no file size limitations.
- File retention can be tailored to your needs.
- Restore files from any machine with this program.
- Protection that is astute
- Encryption of data
- Backups on an as-needed basis
7. Mac Backup Guru
Create bootable backups, synchronise files, set up automated backups, and schedule backups for a later date and time with Mac Backup Guru’s powerful features and interface. This backup software for Mac allows you to create incremental snapshots of files and folders on your computer. This allows you to see how a folder appeared at a specific point in time, which might be beneficial when recovering older versions of selected files.
Special Characteristics of Mac Backup Guru
A volume or folder can be directly copied. Files can be synchronised, and incremental snapshots can be taken.
Instead of backing up the entire disc, select specific folders to back up.
Backups should be scheduled.
This data backup program for Mac comes true to its name and is a breeze to use, thanks to its intuitive interface. Simple steps to clone your hard disc include picking a target destination drive and beginning the backup process. Allow the software to create automatic backups, scheduled backups based on your preferences, or save your backups as a disc image to save space on your computer.
- Simple to use interface
- Updates that are on the money
- Make a copy of your hard disc.
- Backups should be scheduled.
- Make a backup of your drive as a disc image.
- Process of restoration in a single phase
- Backups that are bootable
9. Time Machine
Apple’s Time Machine is the greatest backup programme for Macs, and it is free. The programme is included with your operating system and is quite simple to set up. In the same way that Time Machine can generate backups on the hard drive, it can also restore those backups from the drive. It is an excellent choice for those who do not have a large amount of data to back up.
Special Characteristics of the Time Machine
- Create backups on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Supports the use of a shared Mac as a Time Machine backup location.
- Devices such as USB, Thunderbolt, and FireWire are supported.
- Backups performed on a regular basis
- It is simple to set up.
Sign up, download the application, select the files you want to back up, and it will begin saving them up automatically. It is that simple to get your backups stored in the cloud using Carbonite. A 128-bit encryption key is used to safeguard your information. Likewise, restoring files with the software is simple, and you may even restore only the files that you require rather than the entire backup.
Carbonite’s Unique Characteristics
Data encryption is simple to use, and a mobile app to download files and folders on an iPad or iPhone is available.
Select the files that will be backed up.
Select the files that you want to restore.
Also see: EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard – A Review of the Software
Creating backups and protecting your data are essential if you want to keep your work and memories safe. Purchase backup software for your Mac. You now have a list of the top backup software for Mac for the year 2021. Now select the option that best suits your needs and begin backing up immediately. Backup everything, whether it’s on a hard disc or in the cloud.