Apple TV offers a wide range of options when it comes to streaming media. It works great for most things, but sometimes it can be frustrating. Apple TV can freeze or lag often, making it nearly impossible to watch your favorite shows.
Other times, the media platform may freeze when you try to change a channel with the remote. You will need to restart your Apple TV if it freezes. It doesn’t have a restart button.
Two annoying situations are freezing and buffering. You cannot control your Apple TV if it freezes. And when buffering occurs, you cannot continue to watch a video since Apple TV fails to load content.
Both of these problems can be fixed in different ways. First, let’s find out what they are.
Why does Apple TV buffer or freezes frequently
These are the main reasons for problems:
- Slow network connection
- There is not enough bandwidth available to stream the content
- The app isn’t working properly or taking up too much memory
- The device software is outdated
There are several ways to fix the Apple TV buffering and freezing problem
You can fix buffering and freezing on Apple TV in a variety of ways:
1. Restart your device
For buffering and freezing issues, the easiest solution is to restart your device. Apple TV can be restarted here
- Go to Settings
- Select System (Apple 4K TV, Apple TV HD), or General (Apple TV3 generation or earlier).
- Select Restart
If the device is frozen and cannot be restarted by accessing system settings, you can power cycle it by unplugging the device from the power supply, waiting for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in.
Your Siri Remote and Apple TV Remote can be used. Hold down the Menu and Home buttons on your Apple TV remote or Siri Remote. Once you see the flashing light, release both buttons.
Hold down the Down and Menu buttons until you see a flashing light. If you don’t have a remote, here’s a guide for resetting Apple TV without a remote.
2. Hard reset your Apple TV
Hard resets will wipe your device’s data, restore it to factory settings and erase any personal information.
This is recommended for Apple TVs that are frozen on their home screens.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset
- After you tap on Reset, select one of the following options: Reset or Update (Apple TV 4K/Apple TV HD), Reset All Settings (Apple TV 3 generation), or Reset all Settings (Apple TV 3 generation).
- Select Reset to restore factory settings to your device without having to connect to the internet
- To restore the factory settings to your device and to install the latest software, select Reset and Upgrade
- Choose Reset All Settings for 3 rd generation phones to reset all settings including accounts and configurations. You can also choose Restore to restore factory settings and install software updates.
Ensure that you plug the device into the power source at all times during this process. Do not unplug your Apple TV or restart it if the progress bar is stuck or paused during the update.
Give it enough time to complete the update. But if it continues for several hours, contact Apple Support.
3. 3. Check your internet connection
To resolve a problem like constant buffering, it is important to check your internet connection.
- Connect your device to Wi-Fi if you’re using cellular data.
- Make sure your router is compatible with the 802.11a/g/n/ac standard.
- To ensure you stream HD content at 8 Mbps or higher, 720p video streaming at 6 Mbps, and standard definition streaming at 2.5 Mbps, run a speed test. You will need 25mbps to stream 4K.
You can also monitor and control your bandwidth consumption. It can slow down internet speeds when multiple devices use the same network for streaming or gaming.
Ask others to stop downloading content from the same network.
You should increase your bandwidth if it happens. If this doesn’t work, consider getting a good router for streaming.
4. Turn Home Sharing ON
The simplest way to get rid of Apple TV from the home-sharing screen is to turn it OFF and ON.
- Launch iTunes
- Go to the File section
- Choose Home Sharing
- Then, turn the option ON and then OFF.
- Sign in using your Apple ID account
These steps will resolve the problem.
5. Switch to another screen mode
Switch to a different screen mode if your Apple TV displays a white screen. This is how to do it:
- The HDMI cable can be unplugged from both ends and then replugged.
- Turn off your TV and turn on the power supply.
- Select the HDMI input you want to use with your Apple TV from the TV menu.
After you have completed each step, verify that the white screen is fixed. Contact Apple Support if it doesn’t.
Restarting your Apple TV is the best solution if your Apple TV keeps freezing or buffering. To ensure you have sufficient bandwidth, you can also check the internet connection.
If the screen is blank or locked up, you can power cycle it or change to another screen mode. But if everything does not work, contact Apple Support.