Android Auto Communication Error 8 – Before We Get Into The Topic, let’s Learn Some Basic Of This Topic
Android Vehicle, or Android for Automobile, could display the error 8 due to an outdated Android automobile app. Or, an obsolete Google Play Services program. The error 8 could also be caused by your device’s incorrect date and time settings (auto unit or cellular phone).
Android Vehicle will send the next message when someone joins their cellphone to the car’s head-up display or opens Google Maps after a successful relationship.
This error 8 is random and can occur at any time. It was not always easy to spot. Some people found it the first day. Others were able to find it after using the program for many weeks, or even years. Nearly all models and makes of Android phones and automobiles can record this error 8.
Before you dive into the technical details, unplug the USB cable from the device and turn off your car and mobile phone. After waiting for 2 minutes, you can then place them down. To check if the program is malfunctioning, connect the USB cable. You can also check the strength of your phone’s signals in a particular area if you have this problem. It’s a good idea to connect another phone to your vehicle to check for damage. You should also check if Android Auto allows you to use your cell phone with the vehicle’s configurations.
The Android Vehicle may not connect to the car for a variety of reasons. These motives and alternatives are discussed here.
Solution 1: Reconnect the Cable
The android auto communication error 8 may occur if the cable connecting your vehicle unit to your device is damaged or broken. You can use another cable to fix the problem if that is the case.
To attach the device, use a new cable (e.g. If you are using an OEM cable, then try to use the cable that came with your phone.
Next, install the Android Vehicle and check if it works.
Solution 2: Modify the Date and Time Settings
Android Auto will respond to your device’s time and date settings, or the automobile’s head-up display, by using an android auto communication error 8. This can sometimes be true if your area uses daylight savings. It doesn’t apply to your vehicle’s engine or other apparatus. The problem can be solved by changing the date and time settings, as per the requirements.
- Open your phone settings.
- Now, tap donate and TimeSettings
- Check if your device’s date/Time is correct. You can check the correct time and date for your area.
- Fix the date and time on the vehicle’s display.
- If the vehicle’s GPS Sync time is being used, disable it. If it is currently disabled, you can try to enable it. After enabling/disabling GPS Sync, disconnect your vehicle’s batteries for half an hour.
- Make sure the car’s device uses the same time zone as your cell phone.
- After you have adjusted the date and time settings, restart the Android Vehicle to verify that it is working as intended.
Solution 3: Update your Android Auto App
Android Auto, like other programs, is regularly updated to keep up with technological advances. An outdated Android program could also cause the current android auto communication error 8. In this circumstance, uninstalling the old version then reinstalling the most recent version (not only simply updating the program ) may fix the error (a remedy recorded by most users).
- OpenSettingsYour mobile phone.
- Next, applications(can be Program Manager or Program Manager), click on to find out more. Android Auto.
- Now, tapStorageClick here Clicks hereClear CacheAnd then clear data from the window.
- Tap the back button tap button and then open the Android automobile setting window. Forcing a Stop.
- TapUninstallReinstall the program and confirm.
- Turn off your phone after uninstalling this program. Wait for 1 minute before it turns on again.
- Start the computer after you have restarted. Google PlayType “Android Auto“
- TapAndroid AutoTap then.Install.
- launch check if your car is running smoothly, download the Android automobile app.
Solution 4: Updating Google Play Services App
Google Play Services is the central software for all programs in your Android OS. This is why it is pre-installed on your Android phone. These solutions, like any other program, are regularly updated to take advantage of new technology advances and fix bugs. If you’re using an obsolete version of those solutions, it may be the main cause of the present android auto communication error 8. This situation can be solved by upgrading the solutions. These services cannot be upgraded like a regular Android program. The directions can also change depending on your device’s make and model.
- OpenSettingsTap on your phone to activate applications(Programs and Program Manager).
- Next, locate and click google Play Services.
- TapStorageClick hereClear cache.
- Pick your favorite color now manage SpaceClick hereClear All Data.
- Next, you can start the chrome browser on your Android phone. Search for “Google Play Services“.
- Tap3 vertical dotsTap the Checkbox in the upper right corner of the window.Desktop Website.
- Click the link to view the lookup results google Play. e. play.google.com (generally, the first result).
- A Google Play Store Window can only display two Google Play Services options to activate or upgrade. If there is an anUpgradeClick on the button to update.
- Tap when there is no upgrade.DeactivateTap the button and then continue.ActivateAgain. This will refresh the entire module.
- Next, open Android Auto and check if it is working properly.
Solution 5: Update Google PlayStore
Google Play Store, the core program for this Android OS, can be pre-installed on almost all Android phones. This program provides many services and features, including the ability to keep all mobile apps up-to-date and provide a central repository. It could also cause communication problems if it is an older or less reliable version of the program. This situation may be resolved by upgrading the Play Store program.
- Then, open the play StoreStart the program click the button. Settings.
- Scroll down to the end, and then tapVersion for Play Store.
- If there is an upgrade, it will be installed.UpgradeThe Play Store is different. Google Play Store is always up-to-date pop-ups can reveal.
- Start Android Auto after you have upgraded the Play Store. Check if there is any malfunction. After upgrading your computer, make sure you restart it.
Solution 6: Change the OS of your device
Android OS is updated to provide important bug fixes and performance improvements. If your Android OS isn’t up-to-date, it could lead to malfunctions. It is a smart idea to update your device’s OS. To upgrade, make sure you have a secure internet connection.
- OpenSettingsClick on the icon in your phone’s top right corner and then click phone.
- Click on system UpdateAndMake sure to check for updates.
- There’s nothing better than an upgrade the upgrade is now available.
- Start the Android Market after upgrading the OS.
Solution 7: Turn on USB Debugging
Android’s device can communicate with other smart devices/computers by using USB debugging. Android Vehicle needs USB debugging to perform specific operations. If USB debugging on Android is disabled, it could cause the current communication malfunction. This can be fixed by allowing USB debugging.
- DisconnectRemove your smartphone from the vehicle’s device to prevent Android Vehicle, as described in alternative 3.
- Open your phoneSettingsTapPhone.
- Scroll down to the end from the About menu. Seven timestamps “Increase amount“.
- The pop-up of “Currently, you are a programmer“Will look.
- Use the back button tap the button in the phone’s settings. Developer Options.
- Scroll down until you find USB Debugging.
- Click on the “Change” button USB Debugging” To let, then affirm to empower it.
- To check if the malfunction is fixed, launch Android Auto.
If the problem persists, the head-up device of the automobile is likely defective/damaged. This is especially true if the smartphone is not compatible. It is possible to verify it at an approved dealer. If it is, it will be replaced without any fees.