If you are using an Apple TV, chances are you have come across several errors when using the device. There are many issues with Apple TVs, including playback errors and lengthy waiting times before the video starts playing.
You may have also received the message “Error loading this content” when streaming.
The videos that you’ve selected will play as normal in most cases. After a few minutes, however, the videos stop abruptly and the message is displayed.
Many users have encountered this problem with video podcasts, YouTube streams, and Netflix streaming, among others. What could be causing this problem?
Why is Apple TV not loading content?
The following are some reasons why an airplay error occurs when loading content:
- Problems with network connectivity
- Software that is out of date
- The video quality is not good enough
Other times, it could be the streaming app that is the problem and not the device.
How to fix an Apple TV content problem
This problem can be solved in many ways:
1. 1. Test your connection
Network connectivity issues are the main reason for an Apple TV error message. Perform a speed test to see if your internet is having problems.
- Go to settings from the Apple TV Menu
- selected Network
- PressOKAnd thenYESClick here to confirm
Contact your ISP if the download speed is not what you expected.
2. 2. Power-cycle your Apple TV
The device can be power-cycled to refresh the connections and begin anew.
- Two minutes after unplugging the device from its power source, you can reconnect it.
- It’s back!
- The Apple TV is powered by Power
Try opening your TV after power-cycling it.
3. 3. Connect Apple TV directly with your modem
Connect the Apple TV directly to your modem if you’re using a wireless network but keep getting an error loading this content.
- Turn off the device
- Use the Ethernet cable to plug Apple TV directly into your home router
- After connecting them, switch both the modem and the device on.
An Ethernet cable will allow the device to use it instead of Wi-Fi.
4. Update device firmware
You will experience many other problems than connectivity if your Apple TV firmware is outdated.
- Use your remote control to select Settings
- Select General
- Scroll down to select Software Updates
- Select Update Software or Automatically
- Click on the Download button to install
Go back to the video after updating the firmware and try it again.
5. Get more Wi-Fi signals
You can boost the signal of Wi-Fi to see if it helps fix the problem. This can be done by:
- Move the router to an improved signal strength
- Place the router in a higher place for better reception
- Removing other devices from the Wi-Fi network
Some Apple TVs can play 4K content. To fix an unstable internet connection, lower the video quality. You can change the TV resolution by going to Settings > Audio & Video.
If the Apple TV “error occurred loading that content” message appears, this means that you can’t continue streaming a video.
Your internet connection may be unstable or your firmware outdated. It is possible to fix the problem by upgrading your TV software or improving your wireless connection.