When watching movies or TV shows on Amazon Prime Video, you may encounter several problems with the service. You might experience problems with the service such as the video not playing, skipping, or stuttering.
These problems can happen on multiple devices, such as smartphones, computers, and TVs. If you have any problems with Amazon Prime Video, you should find a solution.
To ensure that you can continue to enjoy the service and your normal viewing habits, it is best to fix the problem. It all depends on what the problem is.
If you are using Apple TV, we have a specific guide for you.
Amazon Prime Video: Fixing problems
Below are some possible solutions to issues that may arise on all devices.
1. Fix Amazon Prime Video streaming problems
Poor internet connections can cause streaming issues. This can cause your stream to become slow or buffered.
There are many ways to fix the problem.
- Do a speed testThis will allow you to check if your internet connection is fast enough to download videos. Speedtest.net or Fast.com are two websites that can help you test your internet speed.
- Check your video resolution: Problems could be caused by a change in the resolution of your videos. Amazon Prime allows you to stream both standard-definition and high-definition movies.
Your internet connection is at fault if your speed test shows a reading of less than 1.5Mbps. Contact your ISP for a quick fix.
You need 1.5Mbps to stream SD movies and 3.5Mbps for HD movies. We’ve created a detailed guide for fixing insufficient bandwidth on Amazon Prime Video.
Amazon Prime Video Streaming can be fixed by making sure you have the minimum system requirements.
2. Smart TV: Problems
You may encounter problems when using Amazon Prime on your Smart TV. You can fix problems when this happens by:
- Restart your TV to refresh the content
- Upgrading your Smart TV software
- Clear data for Prime Video app
If you try to play 4K Ultra HD videos, there may be a problem. Most videos won’t play as 4K Ultra HD is only available on Amazon Fire TV.
To enjoy the service, you will need to upgrade.
3. Amazon Video app is not responding
It is possible that you do not see any action when you select the Amazon instant video app to begin watching shows. Problems can arise after you have used the app for a while.
Make sure your device has the most recent software installed to fix any issues with the app not responding to your TV, smartphone, or Blu-ray Disc. Update the software if it isn’t.
The app might not be available in your TV’s menu. This means that the device doesn’t support the app.
Or, you’re accessing Amazon Prime video from an unsupported region or country.
It is best to only download the app that your device supports. VPNs are a good option if you live in an unsupported area. A VPN may not work for everyone.
You will most likely have to wait for Amazon to be available in your region.
4. Audio Issues
There are cases where the video is playing well on your Amazon Fire TV but no audio can be heard. These are some solutions if you have sound problems.
- Check your device’s volume control
- Make sure you have connected HDMI/Optical connectors
- You can either reverse the ends of your cable or choose a different HDMI cable
- Verify that the audio cable is not damaged
You can also reboot your Fire TV and check the audio settings. For more information, check out our guide for fixing audio issues on Amazon Prime Video.
5. Blank TV screen
When watching Fire TV videos, a blank TV screen may appear. Sometimes, you might see a white or blue screen.
If your screen is not responding, you can restart it by:
- Connect the device to the HDMI port, then plug it back in.
- Replace the HDMI cable
- Make sure you connect all cords to a power source before connecting them to your Fire TV.
- The remote can be used to control the input and source buttons.
- Ensure that the TV input corresponds to the name or number of the HDMI port on Fire TV
If none of the solutions above work, you can reset your Fire TV to factory settings.
Amazon Prime Video issues that are not working? The solution is to identify the root cause. Check your internet connection if the video buffers. If the app is not responding, you might consider updating it.
You will not be able to view movies if Amazon Prime Video is unavailable in your area. Contact the Amazon Prime Video support team if none of these solutions work.