Amazon Prime is a top streaming entertainment service. Your experience will be enjoyable with the latest romance movies and SCI-FI adventure films, as well as dramas, thrillers, comedies, and dramas that have been critically acclaimed, and action-packed TV shows and films.
Sometimes, however, this is not always true.
Like many streaming services, Amazon Prime Video is faced with several issues from time to time. These issues are common when streaming Amazon Prime on Apple TV. This is one of the most used streaming devices.
Below, we have compiled all the information about various issues that affect Apple TV, what causes them, and the top solution to fix them.
Common Amazon Prime Video issues and causes on Apple TV
You can experience a variety of Amazon Prime issues on Apple TV. Here is the top:
- Amazon Prime Video isn’t loading on Apple TVThis could be caused by software issues with the TV or connectivity problems.
- Prime Video is now down this can be caused by connectivity issues, corrupted or missing software on your Apple TV, an error in the Amazon Prime app, or a problem with Amazon Prime servers
- Prime Video does not have soundThis could be caused by a problem with your Apple TV’s software or hardware, an app bug, or other third-party apps.
- Streaming requires constant buffering– This could be due to poor Wi-Fi networks, slow internet speeds, or streaming problems on Amazon or Apple’s side.
How do I get Amazon Prime to work with Apple TV?
Most of the Amazon Prime issues that affect Apple TV can be resolved. Here are some top tips to help you get your service back online.
1. Make sure you have strong internet connections
Poor internet connections can cause streaming problems. Poor internet connections can cause streaming problems.
How can you tell if there is an issue with your internet connection? Try streaming using another app, such as Netflix or YouTube TV.
If the app works without buffering, it is fine. If any of these apps do not work, your internet is likely having issues. If you are getting an error that displays “Insufficient bandwidth”, follow this guide to fix the issue.
Contact your ISP if your connection is not stable. You can also change to a better one. This video will show you how to check your internet connection.
2. 2. Update the Amazon Prime Video app and all other apps to your TV
Amazon Prime Video may not work on Apple TV if you have outdated apps. You can fix this problem by updating the Prime Video app.
You might have to update your device differently. These steps will help you update Amazon Prime Video.
- Open the app store for your device and search.
- Click on Amazon Prime Video to search for it
- You should see “Update” when you click the Install button.
- Wait for the update to complete by clicking on the button.
If the problem persists after uninstalling the app, restart the device and then install a new, up-to-date version. Also, ensure that any other apps are not outdated. They can cause compatibility issues for certain TV features.
3. 3. Restart Apple TV
Temporary software issues with your device can also cause streaming problems. These problems are usually fixed by a simple reboot of your device. Restart your Apple TV
- Navigate to Settings from the menu
- Select “System”
- Click the “Restart” option.
4. Reset Apple TV to original settings
Sometimes, your device may have software problems that are not resolved by restarting. You can try restoring your device to its factory settings to resolve any software issues.
To reset Apple TV:
- Navigate to Settings in your device’s menu
- Select “General”
- Select the “Reset” option, then click on “Restore”.
This will erase all data from your device, restore the original settings and then install the latest Apple TV software.
It can be frustrating to have Amazon Prime Video not work on Apple TV. These issues can be fixed with the following solutions.
If you’re unable to resolve the issue, you can contact Apple Support Centre or Amazon Prime Video Help Centre. They will provide additional support and troubleshooting.