You may encounter errors when using Amazon Prime Video. The system will display an error code on your screen in most cases.
It is a unique number that helps you identify the problem you are having. It can also be used to help you troubleshoot Amazon Prime Video and resolve your problem.
Amazon Prime Video error codes can have a meaning. 2040, for example, is an error that typically depicts a payment or order problem.
You can resolve the issue by either confirming that you’re using a supported method of payment or contacting your bank.
The code will determine what you do. Sometimes, however, you don’t get a code and the system doesn’t work.
It is best to start it again and try again. These are the most common error codes for Amazon Prime Video and how to fix them.
Table of Contents
Amazon Prime does not work on TV
There are several ways to fix your Amazon Prime Video not working on TV.
- Open the Prime Video app on Android and open a video.
- Open Prime Video from a computer browser.
- Reboot your TV, and then try again.
- Remove and reinstall Prime Video from your TV.
- Upgrade your plan or check your internet connection.
- Disable network tools such as proxy or VPN.
- Verify that you have the correct HDMI cable. You should ensure that the HDMI cable has a rating of HDCP 2.0 for 4K and HDCP 1.5 for HD streaming.
Check that your TV is connected to the internet if the Amazon Prime Video does not work.
We also have additional troubleshooting tips to help you with this error.
Chrome is not compatible with Amazon Prime Video
Here are some things you can do if Prime Video doesn’t work in your Chrome browser:
- Updating your browser with the most recent software version
- Close your browser and then open it again.
- Open the video on another device.
- Disconnect any proxy connection or VPN.
- Clear browser cookies, and cache.
If your internet connection is slow, the service may not work. For further assistance, contact your service provider.
To determine if there is an issue across the entire system, you can contact the Amazon Tech Support group.
Playback renderer error
Amazon’s playback renderer error is usually encountered when you try to play a video on a 4K streaming device. To fix it:
- Unplug your TV from the power supply for one minute. Turn on the device, then restart the Prime Video app. Once you are done, open the movie.
- You can stream content at a lower resolution.
- Make sure your TV runs the most recent software version.
The problem with rendering might not be related to your internet connection or TV. This could be due to the way Amazon created Prime Video. The service doesn’t make it easy for UHD content seekers.
Some titles have UHD but also have a 1080p version. While you might be viewing a 4K video, it may actually be a 1080p version. This can lead to poor rendering.
To find UHD content, go to Amazon.com/video/uhd. Next, add as many titles to your Watchlist as you can so that they are available through your device.
Amazon Prime Video error code 3565
Error code 3565 will appear when you try to rent or buy a movie from Amazon. These steps will help you solve problems related to buying or rendering a Prime Video title.
- Register for your Amazon account.
- Select Payment Options under Shopping preferences
- Select 1Click Settings.
Verify that 1-Click Settings is enabled. Next, verify that you have a valid method of payment. After that, you can update your settings and restart your Prime Video device.
Alternatively, you can try a different method of payment or contact your bank to get further assistance.
Amazon Prime error code 9345
An invalid payment method can cause error code 9345, especially when renting or buying a video.
There are many things you can do to fix it.
- Sign in and register your device again with Prime Video.
- You can check your payment settings or 1-Click settings.
- You can use Apple Payments to purchase iOS devices. Make sure to update your App Store settings and iTunes settings.
- Your Digital Orders are available. A prompt will be sent to you to change your payment details.
- Get in touch with your bank that issues your card.
You can also choose to pay with a different method. You will need to wait for the technicians to fix any Amazon Prime Video outages that are affecting your payments.
Error code 1060
Amazon Prime Video’s error code 1060 indicates an issue with network connectivity
This problem can be difficult to fix because it could be caused by many factors. The main factor is the device you use to stream.
To solve the problem, however, you can try these steps:
- Make sure you have connected your streaming device with the internet.
- To refresh your connections and start over, restart the device and app.
- You should check your internet speed. It is possible to increase your internet speed by closing any other devices connected to the same network.
- Restart your router to reconnect with Wi-Fi
Consider upgrading to at least 5Mbps if you stream 720p videos and have a 2Mbps internet connection.
Error code 5004
This error is most common when you try to log in to Amazon Prime Video. An authentication error could indicate that you have forgotten your login credentials or are using an unregistered device.
Register or deregister your device, then log back into the service. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Amazon Website.
- Click on Manage your Content and Devices.
- Log in with your Amazon account credentials.
- Click on Device.
- Click the Actions link.
- Click on To Register.
Log in to your device after you have deregistered it. Alternately:
- When logging into Amazon Prime Video, make sure you have the correct password and email address.
- Log in to Amazon using the same details if the problem persists.
To reset your password, you can click on Forgot Password and then try again. For further assistance, you can contact Tech Support.
This is a detailed guide to fixing the 5004 error on Amazon Prime.
Error code 3521
When a user attempts to sign up for a service they already have, an error code 3521 is displayed.
You have the option to cancel or stop signing up for Prime Video and resubscribe.
Here’s what you should do:
- Go to Manage Prime Video Channels.
- Check your subscription list at Prime Video Channels.
- You can watch videos if the channel you want to subscribe to is available.
- Cancel the channel if you get an error.
- You can choose Cancel Channel to end it.
- Confirm your choice.
If you cancel your subscription, you will need to sign up again to continue accessing the channel.
Error code 7031
This error code is the most frequent error code for Amazon Prime Video. This error code occurs when you try to playback content. It can be encountered on many platforms, such as Smart TV, mobile phones, and web browsers.
You must first make sure that your streaming device has the most recent software updates.
After updating your device, Amazon video may not play.
- Your browser should be closed and the Prime Video app installed. Restart your device.
- If your playback is stuttering or having buffering problems, check your internet connection. Make sure you have enough bandwidth for streaming HD content.
- Make sure all your devices are connected to the same network.
- If the network is identical, you can update the DNS settings on the connected device.
- Disconnect any proxy server or VPN server.
- Make sure your HDMI cable and display are compatible with HDCP1.4 for streaming HD content, or HDCP2.2 for streaming UHD/HDR content.
Follow these steps to update your DNS settings.
Amazon Prime error code 6084
Amazon Prime error code 6084 has been encountered by many users recently. This occurred when you tried to view a movie or log in.
This was due to a technical issue with the servers. Here is what the tech team recommended after fixing it:
- Start your device again and restart it. Unplug the device from the power supply, wait two minutes, then plug it in again.
- Close and Reopen Amazon Prime Video App.
- Check that your device is up-to-date with Prime Video’s latest version.
- You can improve your internet speed by changing your plan or disabling other devices from the same network. A quality router can be used to connect multiple devices.
If none of the above works, please contact Tech Support for additional assistance.
If you receive an error code for Amazon Prime Video while streaming, make sure to check the accompanying code.
You can fix it if it has. If you still have trouble with Amazon Prime HD not functioning, contact the Tech Team.