YouTube has amazing ways to watch videos online and offline. One of their most recent developments is the YouTube TV app.
You can stream videos from the app without having to connect to another computer. There are different versions of the app depending on which platform you use.
The new build is compatible with consoles such as PlayStation, Xbox, and Smart TVs. Each device has its own way of activating YouTube.
To activate your new platform, you’ll need a computer or mobile phone before you can link your TV.
Here are the steps to launch YouTube on TV.
How to set up YouTube on a smart TV
- Register for YouTube TV on your computer or phone, and then download the app to your smart TV.
- You can select the home button from your TV remote control.
- The menu will open the YouTube app. For easy access, move to your home screen.
- Make sure you are always updating your firmware in order to keep the app current.
- Start the app, sign in using the account you created (step 1 above).
- Enter the code from your mobile. You can go to youtube.com/activate for the activation code.
- After activating, YouTube can be viewed on your Smart TV.
How to activate YouTube for Roku or Xbox One
- Start YouTube on Xbox. Go to Sign in and Setting.
- Click on Sign-In and then press X on your Controller.
- It will display a code. It is important to write it down.
- Open a browser on your phone or computer and go to com/activate.
- Register to access your account
- The code will appear on your TV screen at the browser prompt.
- To activate YouTube on your Xbox One, click Allow Access
Other devices such as Amazon Firestick do not have the app available. To access YouTube, users can use a third-party source.
However, this is a risky procedure that will require you to change your security passwords. It is therefore risky to activate YouTube for Amazon Fire TV.
Chromecast is a better option in this instance to mirror YouTube to your television.