People nowadays are obsessed with their mobile. They keep the majority of their personal and official data on their phones. The prospect of losing or having a phone stolen makes one uneasy. Who knows when or where his phone will be stolen or lost? You can now monitor your stolen or missing phone from afar. This can be accomplished in a variety of ways. Some people have no fear of losing or having their phone stolen, so they don’t bother to instal the tracker. Don’t be concerned if this occurs. Here are a few simple ways to figure out where your phone is and retrieve it.
5 Ways to Track Your Lost Phone
Lost Mobile Phone Tracker – LMT
Missing Mobile Phone Tracker is a programme that assists users in locating their misplaced handset. This programme works in a unique way. All you have to do now is download the application from the links provided below. Then launch the app and sign in with your Google account. After that, you must fill out a form and submit it along with proof of ownership (bill of your phone). They will alert you if they locate your number. You can also get more support by joining their Facebook group.
Google Maps location history
One of the most effective ways to monitor your phone is to use Google Maps. You’ll need to allow Location History and Location Reporting on your computer if your phone turns off or disconnects from the internet after being lost. You can see your phone’s most recent location here. It closely follows the thief’s home or office. It’s also beneficial to pay attention to movement patterns. To use the Location History function, follow the steps below.
- To begin, you must log into your Google account using a Web browser connected to the lost phone.
- Then, in the top right corner, click on the three horizontal bar icons.
- Select “Your Timeline” from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the blanks with the basic details.
- Maps can now show your phone’s location, as well as its current and previous locations.
Android Device Manager (Android) or Find My iPhone (iOS)
This is the easiest way to monitor your missing phone without having to instal any additional tracker apps. It comes with a built-in tracker. This makes it easier to keep track of Android and iOS users.
Follow the steps below to use this tracker.
- To begin, use your synced Google account to log into your Android Device Manager on a desktop.
- Choose the appropriate computer from the drop-down menu.
- It will automatically monitor your phone.
- To lock, ring, or erase all data from your phone, tap on a button.
You can use it from someone else’s phone if you don’t have a PC. You must first log in to your Google account using Guest mode, and then open the Android Device Manager app. You can use this method to monitor your phone. If you can’t find your cell, it’s because it’s either switched off or disconnected from the internet.
You do not need to instal the Find My iPhone app if you have lost your iPhone or iPad. To locate your iPhone, follow the steps below.
- Go to icloud.com to get started.
- Then you must sign in with your Apple ID.
- Go to your dashboard’s Find My iPhone button now.
- Whatever you’re looking for, pick your computer.
- Then it displays the location of the misplaced phone and gives you the choice to ring it.
- Then select Lost Mode to erase all of your files.
- Find My iPhone will no longer function after you’ve erased all of your files.
Dropbox camera upload
This is the most effective and entertaining method of tracking a missing or stolen phone. This is a very basic and straightforward application. You’ll need to link your laptop to the internet for this. Follow the measures outlined below:
- Dropdown must first be installed on your computer.
- Then, in the app, switch on the “Camera Upload” feature.
- Allow the thief to take a picture with your phone.
When a thief takes a picture with your phone, it’s immediately saved in the “Camera Uploaded” folder. You can easily recognise the thief with the aid of that picture. If appropriate, look at the location’s history to learn more about it. It will not reveal the IP address of Dropdown Account-connected devices.
Samsung Find My Mobile
It’s yet another official Samsung Find My Mobile app. In this case, your phone would also need to be connected to the internet.
- To begin, log in to your Samsung Account and register your smartphone.
- Set up the Find My Phone feature.
- Then, go to the Find My Mobile website and log in.
- Check the left-hand sidebar to see if your phone is registered.
- Select “Locate My Device” from the drop-down menu.
- Then it will tell you where your phone has gone missing.
- Then it gives you the option of sending a message or ringing your phone, as well as erasing your results.
I hope these methods assist you in locating your misplaced computers. You can control and handle your missing devices using these methods, and you can get them back. Take advantage of these approaches and tell your friends about them. Make certain that you can now cover your phone if it goes missing.